- Non-Account Activity. You are welcome to visit the Website and may review the array of content we have here without registering. However, to submit content or to post comments on the content submitted by other users, you must register.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Website, the content you watch and other User Content you view, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on (including UI elements, settings, and other information). We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "web beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or User Content that you voluntarily disclose on the Website will become publicly available and can be viewed and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Website, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Website, and to process any correspondence you send to us. In addition, if you flag User Content on the Website as is inappropriate, we may use your personally identifiable information to follow up with you.
- Any User Content that you submit to the Website may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages without your consent; you will have the opportunity to opt-out upon registration. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of Website changes or for customer service purposes).
- We may use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
- The Project may contract with third parties to provide services related to the Website. For example, we may use third party companies to manage and/or host the Website, to provide email services, and the like. If you submit User Content through the Website, we may share your User Content, the personally identifying information you provide when you create your User Account, and any usage information we collect as necessary or desirable for the third party to provide such services for us.
Information That Is Publicly Available
- When you create a User Account on the Website, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other users of the Website.
- If you upload User Content to the Website, your information as entered on the registration and submission pages will be publicly available.
- You may also choose to add other personal information to your profile that will be visible to other users. This may include your name, gender, age, or other details.
- Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activity on the Website, such as when you upload User Content or makes comments on the Website. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- If you choose to add certain personal information to your profile, then this information and any activity associated with your User Account may be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with other users.
- Of course, if you would prefer not to submit personally identifying information, you can explore the Website without registering. But if you do not create a User Account (and provide the required personally identifying information in connection with your registration), you will not be able to submit User Content, comment on the User Content submitted by others, or enjoy the other interactive features of the Website.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your profile page.
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our Website or if you choose to use our “email this” tool, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation or the requested content, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email in your name inviting him or her to visit the Website or view the requested content. We will not use your friend’s e-mail address for any other purpose.
Children Under Age 13
This Website does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for a User Account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
Minors over the age of 13 should obtain their permission of a parent or legal guardian before registering for a User Account and/or sending any information about themselves over the Internet. In addition, the Website strongly encourages you to have your parent or legal guardian review and approve your submission before submitting it to the Website.
Changing or Removing Information
Access to and control over most of your personal information on the Website is readily available through the profile editing tools. Website users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. All User Content submitted to the Website may only be deleted at the sole discretion of the Website. If after submitting any User Content you conclude that it is inaccurate in any respect or wish to withdraw it from the Website, please contact us immediately for consideration of your request.
When you make use of the comment feature on the Website to share information with other individuals on the Website, you generally cannot remove such comments.
Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter your username or password, we encrypt that information using secure sockets layer technology (SSL). Because email is not recognized as a secure form of communication, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. If you have any questions about the security of the Website, please contact us.
Contacting the Web Site